Friday, January 23, 2009

December Events

Well, I've pulled out the ole' calendar to help me remember the many excitingly (not sure that really is a word, but it sounds great!) fun events we did in December.

Saturday the 6th: Wow! What a busy day that was!
  • Alabaster Christmas Parade: Gracy, Papa, Aunt Shannon, and Cameron went with us. Daddy was working at the start of the parade while Uncle Alan was at home with a headache. It was cold but we bundled up and stayed warm. The kids all were able to get lots of candy. This year's parade was slower than usual. It kinda got boring. Alabaster's parade is said to be the largest around...boy do I believe it.
  • Christmas Lunch at the Heads: Alan and Shannon would be leaving soon to head for Christmas celebrations with her family so we celebrated with them early.
  • Sunday School Christmas Dessert Party: It's always a lot of fun with Sunday School friends!

Sunday the 7th:

  • I went with Andrew to Cousin Liz's annual Christmas Brunch. I always enjoy this event. Such yummy food!
  • Both kids ended up coming down with a fever that day. Turns out to be a fever virus. No fun at all.

Monday the 8th:

  • I went with friends to Sips N Strokes (www.sipsnstrokes.com). This was so much fun. We painted a "Retro Snowman". The kicker for the night...I won the grand prize giveaway! I won an Unlimited Pass for THE YEAR!!! WOW!

Thursday the 11th:

  • My work party at the Comedy Club. This was a lot of fun. It was a Mystery Dinner Theater.

Friday the 12th:

  • Zoolight Safari: Gracy, Papa, and Cameron went with us. It was SO COLD that night. We really had to bundle up.

Saturday the 13th:

  • Thompson's Christmas Party: MY FAVORITE Christmas party each year! Laura really knows how to throw a Christmas party! The food is more than yummy and her house is decorated to perfection. I think that Southern Living needs to come take some shots...cover worthy for sure!

Sunday the 14th:

  • Rockette's Christmas Spectacular!!! Gracy and Papa arranged for Molly and I to go with them, Alan and Shannon, MoMo, and Laura and Ella. It was wonderful. This was the first Mommy-Daughter event to this extent for Molly and myself. When the performance began, I did begin to cry...tears of thankfulness that I was able to do something so neat with my daughter. Molly did very well. She needed to go potty twice but besides that she sat very still and stayed pretty quiet. What a neat experience for us both.
  • Christmas Muscial at Church: This is an annual event that Jeff and I attend every year. 10 years ago, this is where Jeff took me for our very first date. It is a special memory that I recall every year.

Monday the 15th:

  • A day I won't forget for a while! I fell at work!!!! I was just walking down the hall talking to my friend, Shannon...and down I went. I managed to make my way towards my classroom so that I would not have a bunch of 2nd graders be amazed that a teacher was on the floor flat. The nurse came to my rescue. Jeff ended up coming to get me and took me to an orthopedic doc. Ends up that it was just a severe sprain...but I did get to bring home a beautiful accessory...a massive boot. Oh, I was in so much pain. It really took a lot for me to even get around with the boot on. Doctor wanted me to stay home for the week, but that just wasn't possible.

Wednesday the 17th:

  • Molly's first performance in church. She sang her Christmas musical songs with her Wednesday night friends. She did pretty well. She was a bit distracted at times, but she did sing for the most part. She looked cute up on stage.

Thursday the 18th:

  • Molly's Preschool Musical: "Christmas Step By Step"...well, it step by step was a DISASTER! Molly came right in with her class...she waved to me and sat down on stage with her friends. Well, all of the kids were waving and calling for mommies and daddies. Molly really never spotted me once she got in her spot. But once she did...oh man...it went downhill quickly. She started crying for me and when I say crying, I mean crying. She ended up having to come sit in my lap during the performance. At one point she did say she wanted to go back up. After hesitation, I did attempt to take her up there. I think she thought I was going to sit my not-so-preschoolerish sized body up there. When she realized I wasn't going to, she started to cry. So, I swoop her up and head towards the back of the sanctuary. What does she do during the performance...she sings her songs and does the hand motions...all from the back row! Oh well, she looked more than precious and we always have next year.

Friday the 19th:

  • We drove around the town to look at different Christmas lights. I love doing this as a family.

Wednesday the 24th:

  • Candelight Service at church
  • Christmas Eve gathering at Grandmother Head's house

Thursday the 25th:

  • Santa arrives! Santa brought Molly a DORA BIKE! Just what she asked for! She was so thrilled!!! The look on her face was one of true joy. It took her a bit to get over to it...I think she was shocked.
  • Nana and Grandy, Gracy and Papa, Uncle Bob and Aunt Patti all came over for brunch.
  • We opened up family gifts and then let Molly ride her bike outside. This is when my camera broke...so, so sad.
  • Progressive Meal with my family: Apps: Moms Soup/Salad: Julie Main Course: Laura's Dessert: our house. I love this tradition when mom's family is all in town. It is a great way to catch up with everyone and wow...we alway end up so stuffed!
  • Molly and Andrew both were very blessed with lots of wonderful gifts this year. Molly, in addition to the bike, received games, clothes, puzzles...oh and she won't let you forget that Santa brought her chocolate. Andrew got some fun toys and some clothes. He just enjoyed the bows!

Sunday the 28th:

  • Christmas gifts exchange with Nana and Grandy. The big gift of the night was a red wagon. Wow...Molly loves this so much!

Monday the 29th:

  • Gracy, Papa, and Aunt Amanda came to Helena. We went to The Depot for some yummy burgers. They then came over to play with the kids for a bit.
  • DATE NIGHT!!!! Miss Hillary came to babysit (Molly LOVES Miss Hillary--a teacher from her school). Jeff and I went to eat and to the movies. It was great getting to have a Date Night. I wish I could have these weekly.

Wednesday the 31st:

  • Jeff and KayKay came over to celebrate the New Year. We ate, ate, and ate...once the kids went to bed we played the wii. We actually stayed up til after midnight. WOW! All 4 of us couldn't believe we made it. What a fun night!

No comments: