We have had a great Spring Break week. The kids and myself have enjoyed playing at the house, going to the zoo, playing at the park, playing in our backyard, and just being together. I have treasured every minute of my time home with the kiddos. I am more than excited about the upcoming summer. I can make it until summer arrives!! We stayed home towards the start of the week more because the weather was rainy and a bit cooler. We were able to enjoy our new playroom a lot the first couple of days. Also, Shannon and Cameron were able to come over and play on Monday. I was thankful that the weather did get much better by mid-week. We really enjoyed getting to go outside several times. Molly really enjoys blowing bubbles so we did just that several times. We also went on a few wagon rides down the street. Such fun!
Thursday we were able to go to the zoo in the late morning/early afternoon. We met Laura and the boys. It was not overly crowded while we were there but man, by the time we left...it was more than crazy. I have never seen the parking lot at the zoo that jammed packed full of cars. Even during Zoolight Safari!!! I am glad we went when we did. The weather was more than perfect.

Today, Jeff took off of work. I was so delighted when he told me he was not going to work today. We took advantage of yet another glorious day (the first official day of spring!) and went to Cahaba Lily Park. We ate a picnic lunch (quickly since Molly was more than ready to play!). It was music to my heart listening to both kids giggle with such excitement while they were swinging away. Then, to see Molly having fun running around and going on the play equipment...oh how I smiled! Andrew went down the slides a few times -- with my help of course! When we told Molly it was time to go, the look of such disappointment came across her sweet face. So, we told her that we would return tomorrow. That satisfied her...and you know Molly--she has asked me a gazillion times about returning.



Thank you Lord Jesus for the beautiful week off from work. I am more than thankful that I have had such an enjoyable time with my sweet babies!
1 comment:
What a precious post!
Post a Comment