Tonight we went with Aunt Laura, Luke, Joshua, and Eli to the local library to see Roger Day in concert (http://www.rogerday.com/). Molly loves listening to his CDs and more than enjoys watching the DVD of his performances. Her favorite song on the DVD is what she calls the "Jump Up Song". She wants to continuously watch this song over and over again. She can not jump up and turn around enough as she listens and "sings" with Roger Day. She was excited when I told her we would be going to see the "Jump Up Song" tonight. Once the concert began...well, that was another story! I am not sure if it was the sound being too loud or if it was just more than overwhelming for her, but she basically freaked out! She let us know ,"I jump at home!" She just did not want to be there. She eventually calmed down and did some of the hand motions with the performers. I kept saying inside, "He HAS to do the 'Jump Up Song'...he just has to!!!" Almost an hour in the show and the next to last song he sings...we finally hear the intro to "Molly's song"!! I let her know what was coming and she beamed! She jumped and turned the entire song. It was great to see a huge smile on her face! As we were leaving, I asked Molly if she had fun. She quickly answered, "YES!" I'm so happy that hearing her favorite song wiped away her bad thoughts from the beginning! The boys had fun running up and down the stairs and dancing the night away to the songs! Maybe next year Molly will join them on the floor in front of the stage!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment