Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're Going to Vote...on a Boat I Guess!

Yesterday I took the kids with me to vote in our municipal elections. On our way there, I told Molly that we were going to vote. She mistakenly thought that I said "boat". She let me know that she needed to get her life jacket on (I'm still trying to figure out how she knows that you need a life jacket for a boat). When we were gettting close she started to cry; she told me that she did not want to go in the water. I kept reassuring her that there would be no water (except the big puddles that were on the ground from 3 days of rain). We arrive at the polling location and Molly becomes more upset. I asked her what was the problem and through the tears said, "I need the boat; where is it?" I calmed her down for the time being but once we were inside she started to get upset again. The sweet ladies who were checking my ID asked Molly what was the problem. She told them that she needed the boat. They looked at me puzzled so I had to explain that Molly thought we were headed to a boat and not to vote. So, I guess I need to contact City Hall to see if it would be possible to set up the polling location for the Presidential elections on a boat.

No comments: