Monday, November 10, 2008

Mommy's Boots

I finally pulled out my boots this morning to wear. I've been dreading breaking them back in from last winter. My feet swelled so much with my pregnancy that they are a tad bigger than they were so my winter shoes have been so uncomfortable. I decided that I just needed to get it over with.


This was my conversation with Molly Kate when she came in the kitchen this morning:


Molly: "Mommy, where are your shoes?"

Mommy: "Baby, these are my shoes. These are called 'boots'."

Molly: "Boots?"

Mommy: I knew immediately what she was thinking...Boots from Dora. "Well, Boots from Dora wears boots, too. His are red."

Molly: "Oh! I wear boots, too."

Mommy: "You have to wear tennis shoes to school, baby; maybe one day we'll get you a pair."

Molly: "Okay."



So, on the way to drop the kids off after this conversation, Molly kept talking about my boots. She asked me more than once, "Mommy, you show Andrew your boots?"


She obviously was still thinking about this when I picked her up because it was one of the first things she asked about when we got in the van.


My feet did survive the day of teaching...but I won't be wearing them again tomorrow. Thankfully, they will have a day of rest tomorrow thanks to Veteran's Day. I was quick to take them off when we got home. Molly...well, she was quick to try them on!



Got to love the fashion statement!

1 comment:

The Youngbloods said...

That is classic! I love Molly stories!