Monday, November 17, 2008

Time For Cereal!!!


I'm not sure who was more excited about Andrew starting cereal tonight...Andrew or Molly. Molly was more than ecstatic about this new milestone for her baby brother. Jeff got out Andrew's high chair seat before I got home with the kids. Molly was so excited to see it; she ran to tell him all about it! When I the time finally came for us to give this new adventure a try, Molly was jumping up and down.
Andrew did a great job eating for the first time. He opened up and even tried to help me with the spoon. If I was not fast enough, he let me know. Here is a short video clip of him enjoying this new addition to him tummy.
Of course Molly not only wanted to help clean up his "mess" but she wanted to do the feeding all by herself. Once I determined that Andrew was doing okay with this new skill I let her have a shot. I didn't know how she would do; I wasn't sure if she would shove the spoon down his throat. But she did a great job. You can see the excitement in her face as she feeds him.
So, cereal was a huge hit for our little man. We'll give cereal a whirl for a few days and move on to squash then. Yummy, yummy!!!





1 comment:

The Jenkins said...

Andrew-
I am glad Mommy is now letting you eat cereal! You need to come over soon and have a picnic with Addison- she misses you!